Research shows that handwriting not only has tremendous neurological benefits for the developing minds of young children, but handwriting is also a useful brain exercise for aging adults and an effective way to communicate on a more emotional level. To bring these important messages to life, we created a handwriting correspondence program called PAPERpal™.
PAPERpal™ brings together students and senior citizens through a fun and engaging program where they can exchange letters, drawings and artwork. It is a special way for students and seniors to practice handwriting and connect with someone new to share experiences of their different generations.
Become a paper pal
It’s easy to become a paper pal; just follow these easy steps. Connect with a school or senior/retirement/assisted living facility also interested in the program – it can be across town or across the country. If you need help finding a partner, email email@example.com and we will help you to connect. Partner organizations should:
- Identify a lead contact at each participating organization. Please register your organization here. (provide the hyperlink that is currently on the paperbecause.com/handwriting page)
- Confirm number of participants at each organization (ideally one for one)
- Select the organization to begin the correspondence and provide names (first names only for children, please)
- Determine the expected frequency of letter exchanges
- Exchange mailing addresses of the organizations (not home addresses)
- Let the fun (and friendship) begin!
Download our PAPERpal™ Brochure.
Make a selection in one of the drop-down menus below. Results will be filtered and you will be redirected to the appropriate page.