We design, manufacture, market and distribute a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication papers, specialty and packaging papers and absorbent hygiene products. The foundation of our business is a network of world class wood fiber converting assets that produce paper grade, fluff and specialty pulp. We operate the following business segments: Pulp and Paper and Personal Care. We had revenues of $5.6 billion in 2014, of which approximately 83% was from the Pulp and Paper segment and approximately 17% was from the Personal Care segment.


Pulp & Paper

We produce 4.1 million metric tons of hardwood, softwood and fluff pulp at 12 of our 13 mills. The majority of our pulp is consumed internally to manufacture paper and consumer products, with the balance being sold as market pulp. We also purchase papergrade pulp from third parties allowing us to optimize the logistics of our pulp capacity while reducing transportation costs.

We are the largest integrated marketer and manufacturer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America. We have 9 pulp and paper mills and 1 paper mill (eight in the United States and two in Canada), with an annual paper production capacity of approximately 3.4 million tons of uncoated freesheet paper. Our paper manufacturing operations are supported by 13 converting and forms operations (including a network of 10 plants located offsite of our paper making operations). Approximately 79% of our paper production capacity is in the United States and the remaining 21% is located in Canada.

We produce market pulp in excess of our internal requirements at our three non-integrated pulp mills in Kamloops, Dryden, and Plymouth as well as at our pulp and paper mills in Ashdown, Espanola, Hawesville, Windsor, Marlboro and Nekoosa. We sell approximately 1.7 million metric tons of pulp per year depending on market conditions. Approximately 53% of our trade pulp production capacity is in the U.S., and the remaining 47% is located in Canada.


Personal Care

Our Personal Care business consists of the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of absorbent hygiene products, marketed primarily under the Attends®, IncoPak and Indasec® brand names. We are one of the leading suppliers of adult incontinence products sold into North America and Europe, as well as infant diapers, serving institutional and consumer channels. In 2014, we increased our footprint and product range with the completion of the acquisition of Laboratorios Indas S.A.U (“Indas”) on January 2, 2014.

We operate seven manufacturing facilities, with each having the ability to produce multiple product categories. At our Jesup facility, we have research and development capabilities and production lines which manufacture high quality airlaid and ultrathin laminated absorbent cores, and we also have research and development activities in our division head office in Raleigh, North Carolina.


Contact List



Receive Notifications


Terms and Conditions
Domtar Corporation 2015.
All rights reserved.